Hybrid (In-School + Online)
IHSL'S COVID PLAN
Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you will find information about how IHSL is changing the way our in-school classes are happening to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We will be following New York City Department Of Education (NYCDOE) guidelines - which include guidance from both Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) - to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please bookmark this page on your browser and check back regularly for updated information as conditions change. We will also be sending out emails to our families.
Last updated: September 18, 2020
Fall 2020 Hybrid and Online Only Learning Schedule
We are starting the school year with a hybrid learning schedule. This means that your child will be in school some days and taking online classes the other days. For those families who chose all remote learning, your child will be taking all online classes. If the cases of COVID increase we will switch to 100% remote learning (all online classes) for all students. Please check this page for updates.
IHSL school schedule is still being planned and will be posted when available.
All classes will be online classes 9/21/2020 - 9/30/2020. Teachers will email you times and links to meet.
Tuesday and Thursday students will:
- go to school starting on Thursday 10/1 and then every Tuesday and Thursday afterwards;
- continue to attend online classes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wednesday and Friday students will:
- go to school starting on Friday 10/2 and then every Wednesday and Friday afterwards;
- continue to attend online classes every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
Remote Only students will:
- continue to attend online classes every weekday - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
If you have any questions about our COVID plan, please contact our Parent Coordinator Adriana Ayala
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via phone: 718-333-7860
Your Safety Responsibilities While in the School Building
These are the safety procedures that must be followed by all adults, students, and visitors to keep everyone healthy.
- Masks - Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (faculty, staff, and visitors), and by students age 2 and older while in the building. If you child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must submit a signed doctor's note on file in the office.
- Handwashing - All faculty, staff, and students are expected to wash their hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, after being exposed to body fluids (e.g., saliva, sneeze, cough), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Visiting Our School - We are limiting visitors to our school during this time. At this time all school meetings will be held online. All in-person visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office ahead of time. You will be asked to check-in at the security desk and will be given a nametag. You must wear a mask at all times inside the school building.
- Traffic Flow in Hallways and Common Areas - Hallways are marked with signage and arrows. Please follow those directions and keep at least a 6 foot distance between yourself and others.
- Illness - All adults, students, and visitors exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever with a temperature greater than 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit must stay home. Also, if you or someone you know has COVID (or shows symptoms of COVID such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact the office at 718-333-7860 or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. You can get a COVID-19 and/or antibody test at one of these COVID testing sites.
Safety Precautions Taken By the NYC Department of Education
In addition to asking everyone to wear masks while in the school building, wash hands, and maintain social distancing, the NYC Department of Ecuation is taking other steps to improve the safety of everyone in the building. These steps are recommended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Improvements in Ventilation - In an effort to maximize air circulation, windows will be opened whenever possible.
- Hand Sanitation - NYCDOE will provide extra soap for handwashing and additional sanitizer and hand sanitizer stations will be available in common areas.
- Increase in Cleaning Frequency - Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms twice daily, once before the school day and once in the afternoon. In addition, all classrooms will have sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces and shared resources on an as-needed basis throughout the school day.
- Changes in Class Sizes - Our in-person classes will have reduced numbers to allow for safe social distancing.
School Resources for Families
We know that many families are struggling during this time and we are here to help. Please refer to our school resources below and community resources to the right.
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all students Monday through Friday 7:30am to 1:30pm. Anyone (adult or child) can stop by any of these locations to pick up as many meals as they want at one time. No ID required. Vegetarian, Kosher, Halal, and pizza kit options available.
- Our guidance team are available for virtual meetings and they can connect your family with additional resources to help you.
- Ms. Pati, our Social Worker (also speaks Spanish)
- Ms. Cindy C, our Guidance Counselor (also speaks Chinese)
- Ms. Angie, our Guidance Counselor (also speaks Arabic)
- Technical support relating to technology during Orientation Week and during the school year.
- Ongoing support with other needs like immigration, food, rent, and many others can be found in community resources on the right. Families are welcome to reach out directly to the school if needed.