Interested in Attending IHSL?
All of our students are English Language Learners when they start at the school. Some students are in the United States up to four years and others only a few days. If you would like to be a part of a safe, supportive community with rigorous and interesting classes, lots of different programs and opportunities, all kinds of sports, and careful attention to college readiness, then the International High School at Lafayette is for you! Our open house will take place in December 2020. You can also contact our principal or parent coordinator to come visit, see classes, and meet current students!
- Small class sizes mean more individual attention
- Meet and learn with students from around the world
- Earn free college credit while still in high school through Kingsborough Community College’s College Now Program
Who can become a student at IHSL?
- Are non-native English speakers born outside of the United States
- Lived in the United States for four years or less at the time of admission to the school
- Are designated “English Language Learners” due to their scores on the NYSITELL and/or NYSESLAT examinations
How do you sign up?
There are two ways you can apply to our school:
- Eighth graders in a NYC public school should go to MySchools and select “International High School at Lafayette” as your high school choice (program code K38R).
- Others should go to one of the New York City Department of Education Family Welcome Centers located in all five boroughs.